Final Circular: 1st International ARIEL Science Workshop - July 2011

Science Division sciencediv at triumf.ca
Tue Jun 21 09:09:16 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

This is the third announcement for the "ARIEL Science Workshop" to be
held on July 7th, 2011 at TRIUMF.This workshop will match the timing of
the summer TRIUMF Users Group AGM and Subatomic Physics EEC meetings.

We would like to thank the community for its response so far to our call
for contributions.Confirmed speakers include:

Corina Andreoiu (SFU)
Faiçal Azaiez (Orsay)
Gordon Ball (TRIUMF)
Jeff Blackmon (LSU)
Alan Chen (McMaster)
RituparnaKanungo (Saint Mary's)
Dean Karlen (Victoria)
Adam Garnsworthy (TRIUMF)
Paul Garrett (Guelph)
Harvey Gould (Berkeley)
Robert Kiefl (UBC)
Andrew MacFarlane (UBC)
Marco Marchetto (TRIUMF)
Lia Merminga (TRIUMF)
Luis Orozco (Maryland)
Chris Ruiz (TRIUMF)
Kris Starosta (SFU)
Dan Stracener (Oak Ridge)
Carl Svensson (Guelph)
Tom Ruth (TRIUMF)
Olof Tengblad (Madrid)

The workshop program may be found at
https://indico.triumf.ca/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=1294 .

We hope many of you will participate in what we are sure will be an
exciting and interesting workshop. Your input will be very valuable for
developing the implementation plan for ARIEL.Please feel free to contact
the members of the organizing committee if you have any questions.

Further information on the workshop and on ARIEL may be found at
http://www.triumf.ca/home/upcoming-events/tug-agm-1st-international-ariel-science-workshop.

Please note that the TRIUMF User's Group Annual General Meeting will be
held the prior day, July 6th 2011.The registration deadline is this
Thursday, June 24th, and a single registration covers both meetings.

Sincerely,
The Organizing Committee

Alfredo Galindo-Uribarri, Chair (uribarri at ornl.gov
<mailto:uribarri at ornl.gov>)
Greg Hackman, Co-Chair (hackman at triumf.ca <mailto:hackman at triumf.ca>)
Kim Chow (khchow at ualberta.ca <mailto:khchow at ualberta.ca>)
Barry Davids (davids at triumf.ca <mailto:davids at triumf.ca>)
Gerald Gwinner (gwinnerg at cc.umanitoba.ca <mailto:gwinnerg at cc.umanitoba.ca>)

--
Miss Nicole (Niki) Martin
Administrative Assistant

TRIUMF
Accelerating Science for Canada | Un accélérateur de la démarche scientifique canadienne
4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3
604-222-7438