Beam Schedule Change (Schedule 119b) - ISAC Operation

Science Division sciencediv at triumf.ca
Mon Jul 4 10:55:59 PDT 2011

Dear TRIUMF Users, Experimenters, Operators and Staff,

This is to inform you that we have now a somewhat better understanding
of the technical problems of Target Module 1 (TM1). The accelerator
division has identified leaks in the cooling circuit, in particular in
the so-called service tray lines. They are working on repairing the
leaks, but at present is seems unlikely that it will be possible to
finish the repair in time for TM1 be used with the LPTa target. Hence
this target-run will be cancelled. From this the following consequences
arise:

    * We will continue to run with TM4 and HPTa for an additional week,
      hence for a total of 2 extra weeks (until Friday July 15, 2011,
      AM-shift inclusive) and assume that TM4 remains operational.
    * I re-scheduled some of the experiments, where we think that
      successful experiments can be run with the expected performance of
      TM4 at this stage. However, we will not be able to run the TIGRESS
      experiment S1247 at this point. The other experiments will
      unfortunately have reduced running.
    * After the two extra weeks (Friday July 15, 2011) we will end the
      TM4 run and prepare the target module for operation with the next
      target. ISAC RIB operation will then remain idle until we resume
      operation on Wednesday, July 27, 2011.

The changes have been made to the online schedule.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and again apologies for the
short-notice changes.

With best regards,
Jens Dilling

https://mis.triumf.ca/schedule/view

--
Miss Nicole (Niki) Martin
Administrative Assistant

TRIUMF
Accelerating Science for Canada | Un accélérateur de la démarche scientifique canadienne
4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3
604-222-7438