Draft Beam Schedule 122 - final meeting

Science Division sciencediv at triumf.ca
Tue Apr 24 16:05:19 PDT 2012

Dear TRIUMF Users, Experimenters, Operators and Staff,

We have generated a draft schedule for the period May 28th to September
10th, 2012 (Schedule 122). We have taken into account all requests
received for Meson Hall and ISAC operation, and the draft has been
reviewed by the Accelerator Division. The experimental program will
start May 28th for ISAC and BL2C and July 10th for the Meson Hall program.

The ISAC and Meson Hall program were both oversubscribed in the requests
to what could be scheduled, hence preference was given to the requests
with the highest EEC priorities. For example, for M15, we had requests
for 3.5 times the available experimental time. For ISAC we received
overall double the requests than time available, and in particular the
Ta-target was requested 3.5 times more than time available for
experiments. The muSR schedule has this time been organised and put
together by Iain McKenzie.

For the ISAC program we have put forward a very aggressive plan for new
targets and target/ion source combinations, in particular with a new UO2
target and a FEBIAD source. As a result, we will provide extra time for
beam development in this period. In addition, the acceleration of
heavier isotopes (A>32) beam to ISAC II is a declared priority of the
laboratory and hence extra development time has been made available to
push this work of the High Mass Task Force (HMTF) forward. Overall, we
were able to schedule 8 high priority experiments at ISAC including
experiments at ISAC I (low and high energy) and ISAC II, and we have a
total of 27 shifts for beta-NMR/NQR (including 10 discretionary shifts
in May). We have scheduled 44 on-line shifts for beam development,
including those for the HMTF. Moreover, stable beam experiments from the
Off-Line Ion Source (OLIS) have been scheduled.

The current draft took many factors into account, including requested
time windows of the experimenters and the beam delivery team, time
needed for set-up and accelerator tuning and beam development. However,
it is a draft. Please look through it carefully and we have scheduled
the final draft scheduling meeting for Tuesday, May 1st, 2012 at 11:00AM
in the TRIUMF Auditorium.

Schedule 122 can be found under "Drafts" at
https://mis.triumf.ca/science/schedules.jsf.

All the best,
Niki Martin
for Jens Dilling

--
Miss Nicole (Niki) Martin
Administrative Assistant, Science Division

TRIUMF
Accelerating Science for Canada | Un accélérateur de la démarche scientifique canadienne
4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3
Canada
Tel:  604-222-7438