Final Beam Schedule 123 - posted online

Science Division sciencediv at triumf.ca
Wed Aug 29 15:41:49 PDT 2012

Dear TRIUMF Users, Experimenters, Operators and Staff,

After the draft schedule meeting and discussion, we have finalized
Schedule 123 (September 18th – December 21st, 2012) with intensity
reduction starting December 5th, 2012. The final version is now onlineat
https://mis.triumf.ca/science/schedules.jsf.

For the muSR program Iain McKenzie put the schedule together and most
requests could be honoured, however some overall backlog remains and EEC
priorities were applied in the decision-making process.

For the M11 test beam line, 4 requests were received (plus one teacher
demonstration experiment for one afternoon). All four will receive beam,
but due to time constrains on the experiment side, some reduction of all
4 requests was necessary, but satisfactory allotment was possible.

For ISAC, we planned to run 4 different target/ion sources, with the
first three defined, and the last one (either TiC+surface or SiC +
FEBIAD) depending on progress of TM3 and demand from users. After
receiving the requests, we decided to change the planned UCx + FEBIAD to
UCx + surface, and committed to TiC + surface. We received a total
number of requested shifts of 235 shifts. Out of this we had a shift
request of 100 + 57 for ISAC beam and betaNMR beam, 42 shift requests
required beams from targets that were not available, and 37 shift
requests for off-line beam (OLIS). Overall we were able to schedule 84
ISAC shifts (84%), 34 betaNMR shifts (60%), and 100% OLIS requests. In
addition we allowed for 32 shifts of beam development (this includes
laser-ion source, high mass delivery to ISAC II, and new target material
developments). For the ISAC beam schedule EEC priorities were also applied.

Please feel free to contact me for clarifications, or if you have
additional comments and questions.

Jens Dilling

Dr. Jens Dilling
Head Nuclear Physics/ISAC  TRIUMF