Important update on Visiting TRIUMF Procedure

Physical Science Division sciencediv at triumf.ca
Thu Jul 14 11:16:40 PDT 2016

Dear TRIUMF Users,

In our pursuit to continuously improve the site visit experience of our
users and other visitors, we have made a number of updates to the
recently launched visitor application. These enhancements have been
guided by feedback from the TRIUMF community, who I would like to thank
for their input.

Below is a summary of these updates that you should be aware of,
specifically in the context of how they might impact you.

*Authorization Period for Multiple Site Visits*

We recognize that many of you are coming to TRIUMF frequently, but not
often enough to require a permanent access card or the continuous
availability of a radiation badge. In order to handle frequent visits
without the need to approve every site visit individually, we have
introduced the following changes to the visitor application:

·We are now distinguishing between an authorization period during which
multiple on-site visits can occur. The authorization period is defined
by the TRIUMF Contact Person upon initial invitation.

·Once authorized, users/visitors can register individual site visits
within the visitor application by logging in and adding a new site visit
to their portfolio.

·In fact, from now *on we expect users to alert us of upcoming visits in
advance by using the visitor application*. That way we can assure that
the access card activation and radiation badge are in place before you
arrive at TRIUMF, streamlining this aspect of your visit coordination.

·For those of you that were registered as users until now, your
authorization period has been extended to 3 years from the date in the
initial invitation.

·The link to the visitor application can be easily found on the “For
Scientific Visitors” webpage,
http://www.triumf.ca/home/for-scientific-visitors.

*Important Reminders*

Let me also take the opportunity to remind you of the following key points:

·If you are invited for the first time, it is important to fill in the
personal information as soon as possible after the invitation has been
sent. You will receive a reminder if you don’t.

·You must complete the Safety Orientation
<http://training.triumf.ca/safetyorientation/event/event_info.html>, the
Basic Radiation Protection Training
<https://training.triumf.ca/basic-radiation-protection/event/event_info.html>
(and for CMMS and PIF/NIF users the training on Personnel Safety Alarms
<https://training.triumf.ca/safetyalarms/event/event_info.html>) before
you arrive at TRIUMF. All three courses are available online at the
TRIUMF Training Programs <http://www.triumf.ca/training> webpage.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you. We appreciate your ongoing
support, patience, and feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact your TRIUMF Contact Person, the
Visitors Services Coordinator (mail: visitorsoffice at triumf.ca), or me
with any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Reiner Kruecken

Deputy Director

Full Links:

--
Miss Nicole (Niki) Martin
Administrative Assistant, Physical Sciences Division

TRIUMF
Accelerating Science for Canada | Un accélérateur de la démarche scientifique canadienne
4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3   Canada
Tel:  604-222-7438 | Email:nmartin at triumf.ca
Experimental Program webpage:http://www.triumf.ca/research-program