TRIUMF Science Week: Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, and Beyond

sciencediv sciencediv at triumf.ca
Tue Jul 11 11:50:51 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We are writing to update you on the workshop "Particle Physics, Nuclear
Physics, and Beyond" to be held on Thursday, July 13, 2017, as part of
the TRIUMF Science Week 2017 program.  This edition of TRIUMF Science
Week is being held in conjunction with the preparation of the TRIUMF
Five-Year Plan (5YP) for 2020-2025.

The schedule for the workshop can be viewed here:

https://meetings.triumf.ca/indico/event/13/timetable/#20170713

The workshop will also be livestreamed for those who are unable to
attend in person.  To access the webcast, use the following links:

AM
https://mediasitemob1.mediagroup.ubc.ca/Mediasite/Play/b6595ff773184e25ae569c87b5fb71621d

PM
https://mediasitemob1.mediagroup.ubc.ca/Mediasite/Play/4a1e4027e7bf44b7929b885354fc5f061d

Clicking the links will take you to a registration page.  To connect,
put in your email and enter the passcode:   reflux.indium
You may also need to install the Microsoft Silverlight plugin.

As part of the program, we will also hold a discussion on potential new
future research directions for TRIUMF that will not be covered by the
other talks. If you have an idea or a proposal for such a direction, we
encourage you to send us a .pdf format slide or two on the topic by
Wednesday evening.  We will try to incorporate the slides into the
discussion on Thursday.

If you have any questions or comments on the program, please let us know.

All the best,

Mark Hartz, David Morrissey, Oliver Stelzer-Chilton