[Fluka-users] flair1.0-0 is now installed

Mina Nozar nozarm at triumf.ca
Tue Jun 19 14:31:23 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

Vasilis announced the release of flari 1.0-0 yesterday.  I have installed this version so make sure this is the version
that comes up when you start flair.

I suspect this version has the same features and capabilities as 0.9-9 but with some of the bugs fixed.

Cheers,
Mina

Here is the 1.0 release message from Vasilis:

"
Dear FLUKA/flair users

I happy to announce the flair version 1.0 is finally out.

       http://www.fluka.org/flair

This version contains almost all the features (and more), that I have
set as a goal 5 years ago when I started working on flair. The latest
addition is the Geometry Editor, which is fully operational and permits
to build error free geometries in an easy, interactive and graphical way.

Briefly it contains:
- 2D display using the analytical curve of the bodies
- interactive geometry error finding
- a very fast 3D almost real-time raytracing for photo realistic images
- an interactive 2D graphical editor for bodies
- interactive graphical editor for zones and regions (no need to type-in
the expression of regions!)
- geometrical objects e.g. points, arrows, lights and rulers (simple
and/or with angle)
- powerful snapping mechanism to allows to enter accurate coordinates,
by snapping to a fixed grid or to intersections of other bodies and of
geometrical objects. Something like Euclidean geometry.
- easy way to set materials with ASSIGNMAT, LATTICE, body
transformations and region importances directly in the geometry editor,
by automatic insertion/modification in the input of the appropriate cards.
- Multiple setups/runs using preprocessor definitions
- Formula evaluation with cross reference to parameters of other bodies
- Fully customizable layers, capable in overlaying on your geometry:
       * all kind of information available in the input file e.g.
lattices, voxels, importances, thresholds, emfcuts
       * superimpose technical drawings to help in geometry editing
       * visualize usrbins definition in the geometry as checker box
       * overlay the output of one or more usrbins on the geometry (2D or 3D).
       * realtime 3D raytracing with combination of any of the above options
- and many more...

You are welcome to visit our youtube channel

           http://www.youtube.com/user/Flair4Fluka

that contains several short video tutorials on the various features of
the editor, as well a complete modelling tutorial.

Best Regards
Vasilis
"