[Fluka-users] fluka2011.2b-6 & flair 2.0-0 installed on the cluster and on WG

Mina Nozar nozarm at triumf.ca
Thu Apr 17 19:16:58 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I have installed the newly released respin of fluka2011.2b, namely
fluka2011.2b-6 on the local cluster and Caly has installed it on the WG
nodes (Thank you Clay!).
I have compiled a project with it and am doing a run with this version.
Clay is testing it on the WG.

I just finished installing flair 2.0-0 on the local cluster and Clay has
installed it on the WG.  I tried it and was disappointed right a way!
For one thing, I can't find the 'process' button and am too hungry/tried
to try to find it!  So, for the time-being, I have left the default
flair to point to the last version, 1.1-3.  If you like to play with
2.0-0, you can run /triumfcs/linux/fluka/flair/2.0-0/flair.

Clay has installed 2.0-0 on the WG as well.

I am including Alfredo's message on the changes in fluka2011.2b-6.

Best wishes,
Mina

===========
Dear FLUKA users

fluka2011.2b-6, a respin of fluka2011.2b, has been just pushed to the
web site.

This respin fixes the following issues:

a) increasesd dimensions for compounds in electromagnetic dissociation
    (Anna Senger issue)
b) neutrons with threshold set > 20 MeV are now always deposited on spot,
    like it was done before for thresholds in excess of 60 MeV
c) an issue in an ancillary program which caused incorrect plotting of
    cartesian usrbin's with ±x or +/y or +/z symmetry has been
    fixed
d) an improvement has been introduced in the usxsuw auxiliary code for
    better managing in flair of boundary crossing plots
e) new cross sections for Tantalum for neutrons below 20 MeV. The previous
    ones have been shown to be buggy because of an incorrect threshold in
    the original evaluated data file they have been derived from. Now they
    are processed from TENDL-2013
f) the natural carbon cross sections for neutrons below 20 MeV have been
    updated to ENDF/B R7.1 (the effect should be really minimal)

As a consequence of f), whichever problem with carbon will now run
a diffrent random number sequence, ergo assistance and bug fixing will
provided from now on for this respin only. All users are kindly invited
to upgrade to this respin

                        The FLUKA developer team