[Geant4] Fwd: Geant4 tutorial course @ Oak Ridge NL - March 07-11, 2011

Frederick Jones fwj at triumf.ca
Thu Dec 16 11:24:14 PST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Geant4 tutorial course @ Oak Ridge NL - March 07-11, 2011
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:01:51 -0800
From: Asai, Makoto <asai at slac.stanford.edu>
To: 'geant4-announce at listbox.cern.ch' <geant4-announce at listbox.cern.ch>

Dear Colleagues,

SLAC and LLNL Geant4 teams are happy to announce that
we conduct a Geant4 tutorial course at Oak Ridge
National Laboratory / Radiation Safety Information
Computational Center (RSICC), Oak Ridge, TN, USA on
March 07-11, 2011. It will be a four day tutorial
preceded by a one day tutorial of SWORD (a wrapper of
Geant4 and MCNPX to use both of them with common I/O
files). This tutorial is co-sponsored by RSICC and NEA.
This tutorial course is to be designed for the use of
Geant4 version 9.4 in all aspects of its application
fields with special emphasis on nuclear physics
experiments and shielding studies.

Lectures will cover all features of Geant4 from basic
installation through advanced topics and will be
interspersed with hands-on examples that build a
progressively more complex application extensible to
real use. The course should be of interest both to
complete novices and to those who already have some
basic familiarity with Geant4. Participants are expected
to have a reasonable knowledge of C++ and some basic
UNIX shell commands.

Previous courses have filled up quickly, so we encourage
you to register as soon as possible at:
  http://rsicc.ornl.gov/rsiccnew/geant4-sword-workshop/geant4-sword.htm
Detailed agenda will be posted to this web page as soon
as it becomes available.

Please pass this message on right away to any colleagues
you think might be interested.

Kind Regards,
Makoto Asai
On behalf of SLAC and LLNL Geant4 teams