[Geant4] [Fwd: Deadline is approaching - Geant4 tutorial course @ Oak Ridge NL - March 07-11, 2011]

Frederick Jones fwj at triumf.ca
Tue Jan 25 19:26:05 PST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Deadline is approaching - Geant4 tutorial course @ Oak Ridge NL
- March 07-11, 2011
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:36:32 -0800
From: Asai, Makoto <asai at slac.stanford.edu>
To: 'geant4-announce at listbox.cern.ch' <geant4-announce at listbox.cern.ch>

Dear Colleagues,

Foreign nationals must submit the registration form by January 31st.
This tutorial course is to be designed for the use of Geant4 version 9.4
in all aspects of its application fields with special emphasis on
nuclear physics experiments and shielding studies.

Lectures will cover all features of Geant4 from basic installation
through advanced topics and will be interspersed with hands-on examples
that build a progressively more complex application extensible to real
use. The course should be of interest both to complete novices and to
those who already have some basic familiarity with Geant4. Participants
are expected to have a reasonable knowledge of C++ and some basic UNIX
shell commands.

The capacity of this course is strictly limited to 60. Previous courses
have filled up quickly, so we encourage you to register as soon as
possible at:
  http://rsicc.ornl.gov/rsiccnew/geant4-sword-workshop/geant4-sword.htm
Detailed agenda will be posted to this web page as soon as it becomes
available.

Please pass this message on right away to any colleagues you think might
be interested.

Kind Regards,
Makoto Asai
On behalf of SLAC and LLNL Geant4 teams