[Geant4] [Fwd: Announcement of Geant4 Technical Forum @ CERN, March 20th, 16:00 CET]

Frederick Jones fwj at triumf.ca
Mon Mar 3 11:56:29 PST 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Announcement of Geant4 Technical Forum @ CERN, March 20th,
16:00 CET
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 07:00:26 -0800
From: Asai, Makoto <asai at slac.stanford.edu>
To: 'geant4-announce at listbox.cern.ch' <geant4-announce at listbox.cern.ch>
CC: 'Andreas Morsch' <Andreas.Morsch at cern.ch>,        Marc Verderi
<verderi at in2p3.fr>

Dear colleagues,

We will hold the next meeting of the "Geant4 Technical Forum", the forum
for Geant4 users and developers, at CERN on Thursday, March 20th, 2014,
from 16:00 to 18:00 Central European Time - CET.

Users and experiments are requested to communicate requirements, requests
and issues for the agenda by Thursday, March 13th to Andreas Morsch,
Makoto Asai, and Marc Verderi (see email addresses below).

--- Agenda
Your input regarding new or the status of open issues is encouraged. The
draft agenda is available at
https://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=305722

The final agenda will reflect the open issues and new requests,
requirements or priorities which are sent to the organizers. Please see
below how to communicate these to us.

Given this is the first Technical Forum in this year, our main focus is
on our development plan in 2014 as well as the introduction to the major
release of Geant4 version 10.0 and its patch release 10.0-p01.

In addition, as usual, requests and requirements may concern functionality,
performance, user support or other Geant4-user related aspects. Please use
the opportunity of this meeting to discuss priority or time sensitivity
regarding existing open issues and to raise new issues or new aspects of
existing ones.

--- Your input on the plans, on new or existing issues, and potential
agenda items
To propose an item for the agenda please contact Andreas Morsch
(andreas.Morsch at cern.ch), Makoto Asai (asai at slac.stanford.edu) and Marc
Verderi (verderi at in2p3.fr). We strongly encourage you to send your
proposals, issues for discussion, feedback and new requirements by
Thursday, March 13th at the latest, in order to enable us to finalize
the agenda and to help all adequately prepared for the matters to be
discussed.

--- Planned and potential topics
As at each meeting, we solicit your input also regarding
- new or priority requirements,
- priority of existing / proposed requirements,
- technical issues regarding the use of Geant4,
- the usability of the toolkit,
- computing platforms to be supported by Geant4, and
- the current support process,
and encourage your participation to explain your issue(s) during the
meeting.

--- How to join the meeting via telephone and Web (primary method)
It will be held using a telephone conferencing system. You can either call
a telephone number or use a web link to join. Details of the
teleconference will be posted on the Indico agenda page of this Technical
Forum.

Please do forward this message to your colleagues and other Geant4 users,
as you see fit. We look forward to your responses and your participation.

Best regards,

Andreas Morsch
Makoto Asai
Marc Verderi