seminar + social Friday 11:30

SGSPD Committee sgspd at triumf.ca
Mon Dec 15 15:58:24 PST 2014

Dear Students and Postdocs,

We'll be doing things a little differently for our final meeting of the
year, this Friday the 19th. At 11:30, Reiner Kruecken, Director of the
Science Division, will speak about the CREATE Program
<http://isosim.ubc.ca/>.  It has been developed in response to the
growing number of applications of nuclear isotopes for society and in
science.  These range from molecular imaging of diseases to probing
material magnetism to the development of a standard model for nuclear
physics.

After the talk, we'll have pizza and a round of the "Unwrapping Game,"
where a prize will be awarded.  Please sign up at
http://doodle.com/gg8pgte5t7a24gp8 by Thursday 11h so we can estimate
how much pizza to order.

Thanks,
The Society of Graduate Students and Postdocs Committee