SGSPD Special Tour

SGSPD Committee sgspd at triumf.ca
Thu Feb 5 23:55:12 PST 2015

Dear grad students and postdocs,

Have you ever wanted to peek inside the Tank or see the Bridge itself?
Or just understand those words?  We have teamed up with the Beamlines
Group to host a special tour of select restricted-access areas:

- 500 MeV Cyclotron,
- Remote Handling,
- ISAC Target Hall,
- ISAC Mass Separator Room.

Your guides will be the people who actually work in these hidden places,
which the public never sees.  Discover the real "hot spots" of TRIUMF on
*Wednesday 11 February at 11:00*.

You do not need to be a Nuclear Energy Worker (NEW) nor own safety
shoes.  The safety gear (aka PPE) will be provided.  However, *space is
limited to the first 20 positive respondents* on a first come, first
served basis.  Secure your spot now by replying this email.  We will
confirm your participation by email by Tuesday.

We hope to see you there,
the SGSPD Committee