3-Minute-Thesis Jamboree! Pizza! Prizes! Science!

SGSPD sgspd at triumf.ca
Fri Oct 9 14:16:09 PDT 2015

Hello grad students and postocs,

We are pleased to announce the *GAPS 3-Minute-Thesis Jamboree**. Presenters
will be allotted 3 minutes and one slide to present their research and
convince a panel of judges that it's interesting and worthwhile.

Amazon gift cards will be awarded to 1st ($150) 2nd ($75) and 3rd ($25)
place, so for those of you who are in science for the money, this is your
time to shine.

Even if you don't win, you'll get valuable practice on your "elevator
speech", a skill that comes in handy when interviewing for jobs. It's also
a good opportunity to reflect on the big picture of your research (GAPS
assumes no responsibility for resulting existential crises).

Of course, pizza will be provided.  *Sign up here
<http://doodle.com/poll/znh47cbr85buwb8t> *for pizza.

I*f you are interested in participating, please respond to this email.*

*Details:*
*Time:* Friday, October 23 at 1:00 PM
*Location:* MOB Auditorium
*Sign Up Deadline:* Wednesday, October 21

​

Look forward to seeing you there,

Your GAPS committee

* Note: this event is in no way connected with the official Three Minute
Thesis competition. We just stole their idea.

--
GAPS Website:  http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs
<http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs>

If you are no longer affiliated with TRIUMF, please go to
www.lists.triumf.ca and remove your self from either the grads or postdocs