Help needed for Festivals

SGSPD sgspd at triumf.ca
Fri Sep 11 12:12:39 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I know Marcello sent out an email about this yesterday, but just to remind
you, TRIUMF is looking for some students/postdocs to help with outreach at
some festivals.

Details below from Lisa Lambert:

Your GAPS committee

TRIUMF is participating in a couple of community festivals the following
two Saturdays and I’m hoping that some members from GAPS could come help
out at the TRIUMF set-up. We’re looking for a few volunteers for each event.

The event details:

·       Saturday, September 12

o   UNA Barn Raising <http://www.myuna.ca/2015/08/barn-raising-2/>

o   Location: The Old Barn Community Centre, 6308 Thunderbird Blvd,
Vancouver

o   1-4 pm community festival

o   Geared towards families in the university neighbourhood

o   TRIUMF set-up to include physics demos

o   1-2 reps from TRIUMF’s Strategic Communications team will also be there

·       Saturday, September 19

o   Wesbrook Village Festival <http://www.wesbrookvillage.com/>

o   Location: 3378 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver

o   11 am-4 pm community festival

o   Geared towards residents in the nearby neighbourhood

o   TRIUMF set-up to include physics demos

o   1-2 reps from TRIUMF’s Strategic Communications team will also be there

Both events provide fun opportunities for the local community to get to
know TRIUMF better and for us to share the joy and wonder of science and
discovery. GAPS volunteers will have opportunity to gain outreach
experience and engage with the local community.

Would you let GAPS members know that we’re looking for volunteers for these
events? Those interested in getting involved or who have questions can
contact a member of the Strategic Communications team (Marcello Pavan,
marcello at triumf.ca, Melissa Baluk, mbaluk at triumf.ca, and myself,
lisa at triumf.ca).

We’ll also be looking for volunteers for other activities later this month.
We’ll reach out soon about those too.

Thanks,

Lisa

--
GAPS Website:  http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs
<http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs>

If you are no longer affiliated with TRIUMF, please send an email to