Please help! Wesbrook Festival Sept 19

Marcello Pavan marcello at triumf.ca
Thu Sep 10 20:55:30 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Every year this time TRIUMF participates in some community festivals in the area to spread the good word about their friendly neighbourhood nuclear physics facility.   We show some cool demos (like agents, superconductivity sometimes, cloud chamber, etc) and generally talk with the guests about TRIUMF.  It’s a relaxed atmosphere, and we throw in lunch.
You really will be doing TRIUMF a favour by participating and showing off your (relative) science genius for the team.  You’ll become better looking and much more highly desirable to the opposite sex.   At _least_ one of the above statements can be verified as true.

this year we have two festivals:
1.  THIS weekend Saturday Sept 12 at the Old Barn Community Centre at UBC from 1-4pm.
we already have identified a few people but really could use help one or two more.
this one is a little more kids oriented

and
2.  FOLLOWING weekend Saturday Sept 19 just up the road at the Wesbrook Community festival  from 11-4am.
this one is slightly more adult oriented.
** really need to find some people for this one.   I’m guessing about 6 in all, which we can work in a couple of shifts.

Please let me know ASAP if you are ready willing and able to help us out. We really appreciate it.

thanks a lot for reading this far in the email,
marcello

Marcello Pavan, Ph.D.
TRIUMF
4004 Wesbrook Mall