First GAPS committe meeting of the year today at 12:00

GAPS gaps at triumf.ca
Fri Jan 15 10:34:15 PST 2016

Hi all,
I would just like to invite anyone who is interested to drop by the GAPS
committee meeting today at 12:00 in the MOB Theory Room.

GAPS puts on a lot of activities for grad students and post docs, such as
internal talks, lecture series, professional development workshops,
speaking competitions with prizes, outreach events, pub nights, and free
coffee every week, among others, as well as advocating for issues important
to us, like childcare and providing information for incoming students and
postdocs. We are generously supported and funded by the powers that be, but
we need people to make these things happen, and to help decide what events
to put on in the future.

Please consider helping make TRIUMF a great place to be a student and
postdoc. (If altruism isn't your cup of tea, it also makes a nice addition
to your CV).

And if you can't make it this week, we'll be there next week too. If you'd
like to help but can't make Fridays at noon, just send me an email and we
can work something out.

We look forward to seeing you,

Ragnar Stroberg
newly-crowned GAPS chair/overlord

--
GAPS Website:  http://www.triumf.ca/
<http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs>gaps

If you are no longer affiliated with TRIUMF, please go to
 www.lists.triumf.ca <http://www.lists.triumf.ca/> and remove your self