Anecdotal Evidence is looking for science storytellers

GAPS gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Mar 2 14:13:22 PST 2016

Hello all,
Please see the below email from Carla Rodrigo advertising an interesting
outreach opportunity.

Sincerely,
Your GAPS committe

Hi Ragnar,

Hope you’re well! I received an email from Anecdotal Evidence, a science
storytelling series that strives to share the stories of people who work in
science. They’re looking for scientists who may be interested in sharing
their personal stories about their lives and how they relate to science.

If you know of anyone who may be interested, I’ve included the group's
artist statement below, as well as some info about their next show and how
to get in touch with them.

Thanks!

Carla

**********Anecdotal Evidence: Stories about Science*************

Everyone knows scientists are remote intellectuals uncluttered by untidy
human emotions. Or are they?

Ever wondered what twists and turns in a person's life ultimately leads to
a passionate career as a scientist? Or what stories lie behind the data? Or
how non-scientists experience science?

*Anecdotal Evidence* is a science storytelling series where people share
stories about how they relate to science in their lives. They are human
stories around the broad theme of science. Storytellers have shared on a
range of topics including fieldwork failures, contemplating cosmic
loneliness, how to befriend your parasite and more. The stories are filled
with humour, humanity, and sometimes even science.

*Our next event is on Thursday, March 3rd, at 7pm at LanaLou's at 362
Powell St. *There is a suggested donation of $5 at the door, and proceeds
above operating costs will be donated to Inland Refugee Society of BC. In
2015, we had four events with over 20 storytellers and we raised $1450 for
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland, and we want to be able to keep up our
community contributions.

We also think it important and exciting to note that there will be
professional ASL interpreters at this event, making our stories more
accessible to all.

Check out the Facebook event here: http://on.fb.me/20OvJke

Find us through our website here: http://anecdotalevidence.ca/

Subscribe to our iTunes podcast here: https://itun.es/i6Sg4SM
<https://itun.es/i6Sg4SM>

Email us at anec.evidence at gmail.com or me directly at Kat at zoology.ubc.ca if
you have any questions or are interested in telling a story with us.

--
GAPS Website:  http://www.triumf.ca/gaps <http://www.triumf.ca/gaps>

If you are no longer affiliated with TRIUMF, please go to
 www.lists.triumf.ca <http://www.lists.triumf.ca/> and remove your self