WNPPC symposium

GAPS gaps at triumf.ca
Tue Jan 17 17:33:42 PST 2017

Dear TRIUMF grad students and postdocs,

The Winter Nuclear & Particle Physics Conference (WNPPC) is fast
approaching, and TRIUMF seems to have quite a number of students and
postdocs giving talks. The best way to prepare for these types of
presentations is to practice the talk and get constructive feedback. So,
we are organizing a WNPPC pre-conference symposium for TRIUMF students
and postdocs.

Following your presentation, our judges (TRIUMF staff members) will
provide comments and suggestions that may help improve the overall
quality of your talk.

If you are interested please reply to this email with your name, a title
and brief abstract before Monday, February 6th. The pre-conference
symposium will take place at noon on Friday, February 10th.

Of course, if you are not presenting at the WNPPC, but are interested in
learning more about some of the research going on at TRIUMF, feel free
to come and sit in; pizza will be provided before the event!

Doodle sign-up poll for pizza is available here:

http://doodle.com/poll/84wvpwhny4tamnx6

Sincerely,
Your GAPS committee

--