ACTION REQUIRED: Students wanted for School visit next Thursday

gaps at triumf.ca gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Mar 1 13:15:09 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

See email below from TRIUMF Outreach.

GAPS

Hi everyone,

We are planning to head out for a school visit to Rockridge Secondary
School on Thursday, March 9th, and we are currently looking for volunteers
to help us with the visit. For this visit, we will be dropping into three
different Grade 10 science classes and talking about the science that goes
on at TRIUMF. Each session will last 80 minutes and we will be doing a few
interactive science activities with the students in the middle of our
presentation.

We will need to get 2 - 3 volunteers to help out with the event and this
will be a full day commitment, as the event takes place in North
Vancouver.

We will be driving to the school from TRIUMF at around 8:15am, setting up
the presentation and demonstrations at 9:45am, and running three 80-minute
workshops at 10:00am, 11:30am and 1:35pm respectively (with scheduled
lunch break at 12:50pm). We expect to finish the last session at 3:00pm,
and we will be driving back to TRIUMF straight from there.

What: School visit to Grade 10 classes to talk about the science going on
at TRIUMF

Where: Rockridge Secondary School (in North Vancouver)

When: Thursday, March 9th 2017, 8:15am - 4:00pm

Not only is this event is a great way to improve your science
communication skills and share what you are working on at TRIUMF, but
volunteers will be rewarded with a TRIUMF T-shirt!

If you are interested in helping out with this school visit, please to
reach out to me by emailing tours at triumf.ca <mailto:tours at triumf.ca> .

Cheers,

Akshay Jogoo
Outreach & Tours Assistant