Post Doctoral Opportunity in Beijing

gaps at triumf.ca gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Mar 15 11:55:42 PDT 2017

Hello all,

See forwarded message below.

Your GAPS

> Call for post doctoral Fellow
>
> International Research Center for Nuclei and Particles in Cosmos (IRCNPC)
> International Research Center for Big Bang Cosmology and Element Genesis
(IRCBBC)

> IRCNPC and IRCBBC of Beihang University at Beijing is asking for
applications for Post Doctoral Fellows.  The term is for two years and
the salary per year is 300,000 RMB (~US$43,400, ~40,700 Euro, or
4,980,000 JP Yen).  The dead line for application is May 20, 2017.

> IRCNPC is directed by I. Tanihata and promotes experimental and
theoretical studies of nuclei and hadrons using world wide facility such
as GSI Germany, RCNP Japan, and IMP Lanzhou. Applicants who are
interested in studies of nuclear structure and/or nuclear astrophysics
are encouraged to apply. Also the research using ultra-cold neutrons are
within the scope.

> IRCBBC is directed by T. Kajino and promotes theoretical studies on Big
Bang cosmology and element genesis.  We seek for a few postdoctoral
research associates in the field of theoretical nuclear astrophysics and
cosmology who are interested in explosive nucleosynthesis and neutrino
physics of the early Universe and supernovae.

> These two research centers promote international and interdisciplinary
collaboration by bringing together experimental nuclear physicists,
astronomers, cosmochemists, cosmic ray physicists and so on as well as
theoretical astrophysicists to Beihang University.

> The condition for applications are;
> An applicant has to be 35 years old or younger on June 30, 2017.
> An applicant has to be a graduate of the renowned university.
> An applicant has PhD.
> The term of the contract is for two years and he/she has to stay in
Beihang more than 20 month in this period.
> An applicant has to be fluent in Chinese or in English.
> The following documents have to be submitted for application. An
applicant may apply for the position before obtaining all the necessary
documents but all documents have to be ready by May 20, 2017.
> Application form (the form will be supplied later).
> A copy of your ID or passport.
> A copy of the PhD certificate.
> CV.
> List of research achievements.
> Two letters of recommendation.
> Please contact either director if you are interested in the fellowship
program.
> tanihata at rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp <mailto:tanihata at rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp>
> kajino at nao.ac.jp <mailto:kajino at nao.ac.jp>
> Please send your statement of interest and documents 4 and 5 by April
30, 2017.  Any questions related to the fellowship are also welcome at
anytime.