Become a tour guide!!

GAPS GAPS at triumf.ca
Tue Feb 6 14:57:45 PST 2018

--
GAPS Website:  http://www.triumf.ca/gaps

Happy belated new year dear students and postdocs!

(We are re-sending this message due to some reported email problems. We
apologize if you have already received it.)

We would like to remind you of the unique opportunity to become TRIUMF
tour guides.

As you may know, part of TRIUMF's mandate is to be open to the public
through free guided tours of the lab.
These tours also serve TRIUMF's outreach program and the promotion of
science (or STEM) to the general public.

All graduate students and postdocs at TRIUMF can become tour guides.
Currently, this can be done either voluntarily or for payment on a
per-tour basis
(For some, their contract may prohibit them from receiving such payment,
but the majority of students can get paid for tours).

Fortunately, the demand for tours is high, however, there is a grave
shortage in tour guides, which forced cutting back the tours and
considering further changes.

You may consider becoming a tour-guide if you wish to:
- get to know the lab better
- widen your scientific knowledge and proficiency
- improve your confidence and public-speaking skills
- give back to the community
- meet interesting people
- be more involved and stand out
- get recognized for your contribution
- get a break from the usual stuff you do
- be reminded of the impact and importance of what we do
and especially now...
since this is TRIUMF's 50th anniversary, which would bring many
opportunities to contribute.

*For inquiries about becoming a guide*,
or *if you ***are *already a tour guide* and would like to help,
please use this link
<Mailto:jabney at triumf.ca?subject=TRIUMF%20Ambassadors>, or send an email to:
_jabney at triumf.ca_ <Mailto:jabney at triumf.ca> with the subject: *TRIUMF
Ambassadors**
*

Finally, we believe that this is an important and unique opportunity
that should be maintained for the benefit of all,
but we want to hear what you think!
We will soon send a short survey that will allow us to help Strategic
Communications assess and ameliorate the situation, but also to
represent your interests in the matter.
Stay tuned!

Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Your GAPS