FW: Multiple Open PhD Positions in Subatomic Physics at Mines

Ania Kwiatkowski aniak at triumf.ca
Tue Nov 20 10:43:16 PST 2018

From: Kyle Leach <kleach at mines.edu>
Sent: November 20, 2018 10:27 AM
To: Kyle Leach <kleach at mines.edu>
Cc: Fred Sarazin <fsarazin at mines.edu>; ugreife at mines.edu; Lawrence Wiencke <lwiencke at mines.edu>
Subject: Multiple Open PhD Positions in Subatomic Physics at Mines

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently accepting applications for open PhD positions in our subatomic physics research groups at the Colorado School of Mines, and I would appreciate it if you could distribute the below information to your senior undergraduate or MS students, and post the attached flyer in your departments.  If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,
-Kyle

The Subatomic Physics Research Groups<https://subatomic.mines.edu/> at the Colorado School of Mines are currently looking to fill multiple open PhD positions in Experimental Low-Energy Nuclear Physics, Fundamental Symmetries, and Astroparticle Physics.  Specifically in the following areas:

  *   Low-Energy Ion Trapping with Rare-Isotope Beams
  *   Dark Matter Searches with Rare Nuclear Decays
  *   Influence of Excited Halos States in Nuclear Astrophysics
  *   Cosmic-Ray and Atmospheric Studies with the Pierre Auger Observatory and Extreme Universe Space Observatory Super Pressure Balloon -2
The Nuclear Physics and Astroparticle Physics research groups at Mines include 4 faculty and roughly 20 graduate students.  We maintain a diverse research program that is strongly connected to major North American National Laboratories, including TRIUMF, ANL, LLNL, ORNL, LANL, and FRIB.  We also maintain a leading role in the Pierre Auger Observatory and JEM-EUSO cosmic-ray collaborations.

For more information on our individual research programs, please visit https://subatomic.mines.edu/. <https://subatomic.mines.edu/>  For information on the application process and deadlines, please visit https://physics.mines.edu/graduate-program/ .  If you have any questions, or are interested in a PhD position, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

------

Dr. Kyle G. Leach
Assistant Professor
Head, Electroweak Interactions Group
Head of Graduate Admissions, Department of Physics

Colorado School of Mines
Department of Physics
1523 Illinois St., Golden, CO 80401
303-273-3044 | kleach at mines.edu<mailto:kleach at mines.edu>  | http://electroweak.mines.edu<http://electroweak.mines.edu/>