Save the date - Oct. 3rd GAPS Event - Mirko Miorelli: From PhD to the data-science industry

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Thu Sep 6 12:41:24 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Welcome back from the summer hibernation!

We're happy to announce our next GAPS noon lecture AKA free pizza and knowledge session:

Date: Oct. 3rd

Time: noon

Place: MOB Auditorium

Speaker: Mirko Miorelli

Subject: From the PhD to the data-science industry

Mirko will tell us about his journey from a prize-winning PhD at UBC/TRIUMF to becoming a "Machine Learning Engineer" at the private industry market. He will offer his own tips and life-lessons and will be open to your questions and admiration.

A registration email / pizza poll will be sent in advance.

p.s. - Don't miss Mirko in today's special colloquium (2 pm) as part of his DNP PhD thesis prize!

Your GAPS

gaps.triumf.ca<http://gaps.triumf.ca>

GAPS<http://gaps.triumf.ca/>
gaps.triumf.ca
The Graduate Students and Postdocs Society (GAPS) at TRIUMF is committed to fostering a sense of community among the graduate students and postdocs, and developing an infrastructure to support their needs.. GAPS primarily focuses on providing professional and academic development opportunities, as well as encouraging members well-being both inside and outside of TRIUMF.