Fwd: Phd opportunities Edinburgh

Anna(Ania) Kwiatkowski aniak at triumf.ca
Tue Dec 3 05:32:20 PST 2019

-------- Original message --------
From: Moritz Pascal Reiter <mreiter at ed.ac.uk>
Date: 12/3/19 20:40 (GMT+09:00)
Subject: Phd opportunities Edinburgh

Hallo everyone,

We have announced two Phd opportunities here in Edinburgh.
One investigating nuclear structure of light (medium light) species with TITAN.
https://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/phd-projects/investigation-of-nuclear-structure-via-high-precision-mass-measurements-at-titan-triumf

and one working with the FRS Ion Catcher looking into mass measurements of very neutron-rich heavy isotopes with implications for nuclear astrophysics.
https://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/phd-projects/mass-measurements-of-the-most-exotic-isotopes-at-the-frs-ion-catcher-gsifair

I would like to ask you to forwards the adverts to possible candidates within your school/university. Funding options would be available via research council scholarships and the application process goes via the University of Edinburgh central application system. Deadline for application is the 24th of January 2020.

Thank you very much,

best wishes from Edinburgh,
Pascal

Moritz Pascal Reiter
Lecturer in Nuclear Physics
School of Physics & Astronomy University of Edinburgh,
James Clerk Maxwell Building,
Peter Guthrie Tait Road, Edinburgh EH9 3FD
Room 8209

Direct Line: +44 (0)131 6505286
mreiter at ed.ac.uk<mailto:mreiter at ed.ac.uk>