Coffee, Cookies, Fruit and Conversation!

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Jun 19 14:39:07 PDT 2019

Hello!

This is a friendly reminder that we will be having a our regular coffee, cookies, and fruit hour today at 4:30 in the ISAC-II lunchroom!

Upcoming Events:

  *   Important (but very good!) presentation by Reiner tomorrow at 12 in the auditorium!  This mostly concerns non-UBC, non-SFU grads, but there are also important announcements for Post-Docs, and perhaps a brief discussion of GAPS activities in general!
  *   Monthly-ish pub night!  Tuesday June 25th from 5 PM-onwards at Beircraft!  (They have discounts on beer and tacos!)

Science quote:
"When I heard the learn’d astronomer,
When the proofs, the figures, were ranged in columns before me,
When I was shown the charts and diagrams, to add, divide, and measure them,
When I sitting heard the astronomer where he lectured with much applause in the lecture-room,
How soon unaccountable I became tired and sick,
Till rising and gliding out I wander’d off by myself,
In the mystical moist night-air, and from time to time,
Look’d up in perfect silence at the stars."
- Walt Whitman

Cheers,
Your GAPS
http://gaps.triumf.ca/