Fwd: Position Announcement: Multiple staff positions in the Nuclear Data & Theory Group at LLNL

Ania Kwiatkowski aniak at triumf.ca
Tue Mar 12 08:37:05 PDT 2019

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Position Announcement: Multiple staff positions in the Nuclear Data & Theory Group at LLNL
Date:   Tue, 12 Mar 2019 14:38:37 +0000
From:   FRIB User Contact <fribusercontact at fribusers.org><mailto:fribusercontact at fribusers.org>

Dear Colleague:

We have multiple openings for staff members in the Nuclear Data & Theory (NDT) group of the Nuclear and Chemical Sciences Division<https://pls.llnl.gov/research-and-development/nuclear-and-chemical-sciences>. The NDT Group performs research in nuclear theory to provide a fundamental understanding of atomic nuclei, their role in the universe, and their impact on the Laboratory’s national security missions. Key areas of fundamental research include ab initio and density-functional approaches to nuclear structure, nuclear reactions, and nuclear fission, the study of quantum chromodynamics, and relativistic heavy-ion theory. We utilize the Laboratory’s high-performance computing resources and collaborate with our local experimental colleagues as well as the international basic science community. The NDT group is a key member of the international nuclear data community, is responsible for maintaining nuclear data libraries at LLNL, and has taken a lead role in developing new database structures.

We are seeking applicants to fill positions in the areas of

  *   Nuclear theory (Job ID 104777, contact: Jutta Escher, escher1 at llnl.gov<mailto:escher1 at llnl.gov>):
https://careers-llnl.ttcportals.com/jobs/3606386-nuclear-theory-staff-physicist

  *   Nuclear data infrastructure (Job ID 104421, contact: Bret Beck, beck6 at llnl.gov<mailto:beck6 at llnl.gov>):
https://careers-llnl.ttcportals.com/jobs/3310232-research-scientist-nuclear

The successful candidates are expected to establish research activities that complement and enhance the current activities in the group, attract research funding and collaborations, and support the mission of the Laboratory.

Please bring these opportunities to the attention of suitable candidates.
Best regards,
Jutta Escher