Save-the-Date: TRIUMF-Helmholtz Workshop on Scientific Computing

Science Division Shared Account sciencediv at triumf.ca
Mon May 27 14:45:41 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

TRIUMF has engaged in the general field of Data Science and Quantum Computing following a workshop in June of 2018, jointly organized with the Helmholtz Association.
https://datascience.triumf.ca<https://datascience.triumf.ca/>

That workshop started joint initiatives between some Helmholtz Institutions (DESY, KIT, Juelich), university partners in Canada and abroad, private sector companies (DWave, 1QBit) and TRIUMF. Three working groups were formed each in Germany and Canada in the fields of Quantum Computing, Large-scale computing, and Big Data & Machine Learning with the focus on how we can use the new applications and techniques to enhance our research output.

Together with our partners, we are preparing a follow-up workshop at DESY (Hamburg, Germany) in September 16 & 17, 2019.
https://indico.desy.de/indico/event/22522/

Details about the program and registration will soon be available. At this point we would like to ask you to mark your calendars and we hope you can join us in Hamburg!

Best regards,

The Organizing Committee

Allayne McGowan
Administrative Assistant - Physical Sciences Division
t   604-222-7438
amcgowan at triumf.ca<mailto:amcgowan at triumf.ca>
sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3