Remote Fitness @ TRIUMF via Microsoft Teams

Allayne McGowan amcgowan at triumf.ca
Fri Apr 17 17:26:07 PDT 2020

Hello, everyone! Happiest of Fridays to you!

In the event that you didn't receive the TRIUMF Community Site Wide Announcement...

I wanted to let you know of a little project that I've been working on. I've created a Microsoft Team called Remote Fitness (link at the bottom), and it's aimed at providing some health and wellness opportunities that you can do while you work from home!

Before I elaborate on it, it's really important for me to make clear that I am NOT a health or wellness professional. My passion for health and wellness is just that - a passion - and I wanted to share some resources that I find helpful and I know work for me, in the event that they might also work for you. This Team is not meant to be a personal training regimen; I will not give advice or coaching or make any suggestions to you, other than you ensure that you stay safe no matter what you do. I would, however, love to see this Team become a collaborative, interactive, and supportive environment, where we can check in on each other and have open and honest conversations of how we can engage each other in accountability for our health and well-being, and how we can make this virtual experience a fun one.

And with that, I'd like to outline the things that I have included so far in this team:

  *   A Walking Challenge (starting Sunday)
  *   Daily Workouts that don't require equipment
  *   Mental Wellness
  *   Running (to be lead by TRIUMF's own Robert Watt)
  *   A 30-day Squat Challenge (starting Monday)
  *   The 100 Push-up Challenge (I'm starting Monday!)
  *   Stretching and Movement

Again, these are based on what I believe could be beneficial to you while you're at home, and will hopefully be enticing enough (and not too challenging) to encourage participation!

It's a Choose Your Own Adventure type of group - so you can pick and choose what you would like to participate in. And if you think something else should be included? Let me know! If you want to champion an activity? Even better. The more evolved this group becomes, the better it is for everyone, in my opinion!

I hope you'll join me! Maybe "see" you there.

Take care,

~Allayne

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3af4fe50f981ed46a4aaa35b90d7b1ebfc%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=bc3b6ef4-eaba-4dae-abbf-dfe647145002&tenantId=c2053510-9cb3-4679-a2d3-8f442e03b587

Allayne McGowan
Administrative Assistant - Physical Sciences Division
t   604-222-7438
amcgowan at triumf.ca<mailto:amcgowan at triumf.ca>
sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3