Recent Research Presentations Needed for Art Inspiration

Science Division Shared Account sciencediv at triumf.ca
Mon Mar 2 15:42:43 PST 2020

Hello, PSD Grads and Post-docs!

I have a favour to ask of you. In collaboration with TRIUMF's in-house graphic designer, we have commissioned an artist to spruce up the Physical Sciences Division space and make MOB 201 a more inspiring place to work. This will act as a concept space and will (hopefully) encourage further art projects to be considered throughout the Physical Sciences spaces and at TRIUMF in general.

In order to help the artist create visuals, we would like to give her a better idea of the research that happens here at TRIUMF under the Physical Sciences umbrella (ie. Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Molecular and Material Sciences + Quantum Materials, Theory, Sci-Tech, and Quantum Computing). This is where you come in! If you have recent scientific presentations that you have prepared that could provide a visual representation for the artist to consider as she prepares her proposal, it would be super helpful to pass them along to her! We have a lot of ground to cover to ensure the entirety of the division is included in the artwork, so the more representation, the better!

If you have such a presentation, please send it to me at sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca> by end of day Wednesday, March 4th, for consideration. If you are interested in the artist and the kind of work that she's done, you can visit her website at https://www.lilliantzhang.com/<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.lilliantzhang.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6d889ce103d54bdebedc08d7bf032069%7Cc20535109cb34679a2d38f442e03b587%7C1%7C0%7C637187892450334395&sdata=WsgIB6uU%2BC%2F1%2F1wTeTOmL22TbgxCtAL1Dd0RR8MwhNo%3D&reserved=0>.

Best regards,

Allayne + Jens

Allayne McGowan
Administrative Assistant - Physical Sciences Division
t   604-222-7438
amcgowan at triumf.ca<mailto:amcgowan at triumf.ca>
sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3