Reminder: Socialize via Microsoft Teams!

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Sun Mar 22 12:43:49 PDT 2020

Hi GAPS members!

Since it's the weekend and you're likely looking for some non-work activity to do at home, we thought we would remind you of the GAPS Members Microsoft Team page! With this Slack-like page, you can message other GAPS members and plan things to do during the social isolation to avoid boredom. Instructions to join the page are at the end of this email.

Some ideas we've had for the channel:

  *   Watch Netflix shows with others via the Netflix Party Chrome extension
  *   Play card and board games online with friends (Chess, Cards Against Humanity, etc.)
  *   Find other people that play online video games (via Playstation, Xbox, Steam, etc.) and then create your own chat with them to game
  *   Have a video chat with anyone that's on the team page and interested

There are of course countless other things that can be organized via the team page as well. Some of us GAPS members had a video chat the other evening and played online Cards Against Humanity, and it was a nice break from the social isolation for a few hours!

We hope that more people will join, as we think this can a useful page to help us all deal with the social distancing that is occurring.

Of course, if you have any questions or problems, feel free to reach out to the GAPS committee by emailing gaps at triumf.ca.

-Your GAPS

Instructions for joining the GAPS Members team:
- Go to https://teams.microsoft.com<https://teams.microsoft.com/>
- Sign in with your TRIUMF ID and password
- Click “Join or Create Team” in the top left corner, then “Join a team with a code” and use this code: d9k033t.
- You can use the web browser version, or download the app.