What would improve your work-from-home setup?

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Mon May 4 16:49:22 PDT 2020

Hello all,

Although plans for re-opening are starting to be discussed, it seems likely that graduate students and postdocs, along with some other personnel, might be asked to work from home for a while longer.  We want to know what you would need in order for working from home comfortable, healthy and productive. We’re aware that many of us are working in non-ideal situations, and after many weeks it’s likely that you can point to particular shortcomings of your setup. Many of these are likely not possible to change, but we would like to provide TRIUMF with a more concrete idea of the workspace-related challenges being faced by graduate students and TRIUMF.

To help us out, please fill out this survey<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EDUFwrOceUai049ELgO1h9DGXEYsSvZHnMhkjHzPYpdUQlFEVE44M1BDVVVGM1hOWFU4UTcyMjk4Qy4u>!

Wondering how to judge what you “need?” Take a look at the guidelines released by TRIUMF, attached to this email or at https://documents.triumf.ca/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-181068. Most of us probably have “home offices” (aka the kitchen table, or the couch…) that meet very few of them. Think about what would make it possible for your setup to get there (or get closer).

We will not be able to procure things for individuals based on this survey, but rather will provide the results to TRIUMF to give them an idea of what our community needs to make this more sustainable. From there, we’ll work together to figure out a way forward.

- Your GAPS

-------

Survey link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EDUFwrOceUai049ELgO1h9DGXEYsSvZHnMhkjHzPYpdUQlFEVE44M1BDVVVGM1hOWFU4UTcyMjk4Qy4u