[Isac-journal-club] Journal Club for Wednesday, March 23rd

Aaron Gallant agallant at triumf.ca
Tue Mar 22 11:36:26 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

NOTE: Journal club will be held tomorrow in ISAC room 222 at 3:30pm.

Here are some questions to consider for journal club tomorrow:

* (For the co-op students) What are magic numbers? What is the standard
explaination for magic numbers near stability?
* How does one measure charge radii with collinear laser spectroscopy?
* Why are N = 32 and 34 suspected to be magic? What evidence is there to
support this?
* Why do we expect doubly magic nuclei have smaller charge radii?

See you at 3:30pm in *ISAC room 222*,
Aaron