[Isac-journal-club] Journal Club Today (Wed) 3:30 MOB theory room.

journalclub journalclub at triumf.ca
Wed Jul 11 11:56:38 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bruno Olaizola Mampaso <bruno.olaizola at triumf.ca>
Date: 10 July 2018 at 19:03
Subject: Re: [Isac-journal-club] Journal and Snack Club Tomorrow (Wed 11th)
To: journalclub at triumf.ca, isac-journal-club at trmail.triumf.ca

Hi all!

As promised, here are the questions for tomorrow:

- What is the neutron anomaly? (Melissa gave us a great Journal Club about
this last year)
- Why is the proton decay a constraint?
- How can they constrain the dark particle mass and properties of the decay?
- What differences are between models 1 and 2?
- What are the implications if dark matter particles have a similar mass to
nucleons?
- Can we test any of these hypothesis at TRIUMF?

Philosophical question:

- Is this real science or just a citation-bait?

And for the highly motivated, some suplemental material:

- https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1802/1802.01595.pdf They claim that
there is no monochromatic photon (accepted in PRL)

- https://journals.aps.org/prc/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevC.97.052501 Did not
observe e-e+ pair creation in a neutron bottle

- http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6471/aab689/meta The
existence of stable neutron stars contradicts this dark decay mode

- https://journals.aps.org/prd/pdf/10.1103/PhysRevD.97.123007 They predict
that mixed normal and dark matter neutron stars can exists

Bonus questions from the suplemental material:

- Why massive neutron stars reject this theory?
- How can the arXiv by Tang et al. be accepted for PRL?

See you all tomorrow!