[Isac-journal-club] Journal Club Wed Nov 28 3:30 Room 223

Journal club list admins journalclub at triumf.ca
Fri Nov 23 18:06:42 PST 2018

Hi everyone,

in the next Journal Club on November 28, we will discuss the paper "Superallowed α Decay to Doubly Magic 100Sn" (link<https://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.121.182501>). Since the AV system in the MOB theory room is getting upgraded and the room is therefore not available, we will meet in Room 223 which has that treatment already behind it.

Some questions about the paper:

1. What is superallowed α decay?
2. Why is α to 100Sn of particular interest?
3. Why was fusion-evaporation chosen as production method?
4. How is the half-life of 104Te obtained?
5. Where is the value for the α-preformation factor coming from?
6. How robust are these results, given that they are based on only 2 events?

Hope to see you all on Wednesday!
Matthias