[Learn-data-science] Hello from TRIUMF Data Scientist

Wojciech Fedorko wfedorko at triumf.ca
Mon Oct 22 17:19:38 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to introduce myself to this forum.

I am a newly hired Data Scientist here at TRIUMF and my role is to be a resource for you in your machine learning needs.

At this point I am going around TRIUMF, meeting the scientists, trying to understand their machine learning needs and thinking of some ML pilot projects that we might do together.

Another of my roles is to provide training and teaching on these topics to the TRIUMF community - so it's great to see a self-organized effort already on-going.

TRIUMF is exploring establishing a collaborative effort with UBC to provide data science teaching and training opportunities. If you have any thoughts on what would be useful to you out of such a collaboration I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

I will come by the Wednesday meeting, but feel free to get in touch with me by email or just pop by my office (MOB 85) if you have any ideas on an ML project or UBC data science collaboration.

Regards,

Wojtek