[Learn-data-science] Mirko's Talk Today and Meeting

David Livermore dlivermore at triumf.ca
Wed Oct 24 11:14:21 PDT 2018

Hello fellow Data Scientists,

This is just a friendly reminder that we have a talk today at noon where Mirko Miorelli, a former PhD student here at TRIUMF, will be giving a talk in the auditorium about his transition from academia to machine learning in industry!

We are also having our bi-weekly meeting at 3:30 in the theory conference room where Lindsay will be giving presenting a lesson based on the last two weeks of Coursera material.  Wojtek Fedorko, TRIUMF's new resident Data Scientist will be also be in to say hello and join our little group.

Finally, we still have our usual 4:30 coffee and cookies (and fruit) social hour in the ISAC-II conference room.

Busy day!

Cheers,

David Livermore