[Learn-data-science] Quantum Machine Learning

David Livermore dlivermore at triumf.ca
Thu Feb 7 16:51:05 PST 2019

Hello fellow data scientists!

We are starting a study group for the Quantum Machine Learning course currently on edX (https://www.edx.org/course/quantum-machine-learning). The course requirements are linear algebra, basic Python, and some familiarity with machine learning - no need to have a quantum computing background, so this would be a good opportunity to learn the basics.

[https://prod-discovery.edx-cdn.org/media/course/image/690c6e3b-05ef-47ae-b5f9-46d7d8587c10-a6993521d298.small.jpg]<https://www.edx.org/course/quantum-machine-learning>

Quantum Machine Learning<https://www.edx.org/course/quantum-machine-learning>
www.edx.org
Quantum computers are becoming available, which begs the question: what are we going to use them for? Machine learning is a good candidate. In this course we will introduce several quantum machine learning algorithms and implement them in Python.

We will meet 5 times, in inverted classroom style, where we work through the lectures on our own time, and then  discuss together the trickier points and work on problem sets. Meetings will take place on the following Fridays from 10:30-11:30 in the theory conference room, unless noted:

- Feb 15

- Feb 22 (room TBA)

- March 8

- March 22

- April 5

Coffee and snacks will be provided - I will try to bake a different type of cookie each time. Announcements will be made on the learn-data-science mailing list.

(Also, there may still be subsidy spots available for the paid version of the course, which gets you access to the graded projects and quizzes. Get in touch with Allayne if you are interested, but everyone is welcome to enroll in the course to watch the video lectures and come to the meetings).

Cheers!