[Mms-experimental-program] Notification of Beam Schedule Change for Emergency Repair

Science Division Shared Account sciencediv at triumf.ca
Wed Jul 3 13:46:02 PDT 2019

Dear Users,

Due to unexpected but essential repairs having to be conducted on the STF facility at BL2C with immediate effect, there have been changes to the online Beam Schedule 136: https://mis.triumf.ca/schedule/view

Beam will be taken from users at 0200h on Tuesday, July 9th to allow sufficient cool down time at BL2C for work to commence. This is expected to take two days, with beam being returned to users at 0030h on Thursday, July 11th.

ISAC: The current ISAC experiment, S1847, will now run until Monday, July 15th DAY shift inclusive, at which time setup will commence for BNMR/NQR. The Tuesday, July 16th Maintenance shift has now become "Maintenance if Required," reserved for only emergency maintenance tasks if needed, otherwise beam will be available. BNMR/NQR will commence Wednesday, July 17th OWL shift.

Meson Hall: Though Tuesday, July 9th OWL shift, and Wednesday, July 19th OWL-EVE shifts will be lost, July 16th Maintenance if Required will be available notwithstanding unforeseen circumstances.

On behalf of the lab we apologize to the users for the inconvenience and loss of time, and we thank you for your patience and understanding as we carry out this critical task.
Chris Ruiz, Beam Scheduler
ruiz at triumf.ca<mailto:ruiz at triumf.ca>

Allayne McGowan
Administrative Assistant - Physical Sciences Division
t   604-222-7438
amcgowan at triumf.ca<mailto:amcgowan at triumf.ca>
sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3