[Particle-physics-affiliated] FW: Reminder about Face Coverings

Oliver Stelzer-Chilton stelzer-chilton at triumf.ca
Thu Aug 6 15:48:38 PDT 2020

From: Allayne McGowan <amcgowan at triumf.ca>
Date: Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:41 PM
Subject: Reminder about Face Coverings

Hi all,

When I was on site yesterday I was a little surprised to see that there were still a few people coming in or walking around who were not wearing face coverings. With the policy on face coverings now clear, could I please request that you gently remind all of your groups that they need to be wearing masks when on site? This is the snippet from the Director’s email, for reference:

Second, we are introducing new policy regarding masks/face coverings at TRIUMF. Increasing evidence from infectious disease experts shows that masks or face coverings help to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission; therefore, effective August 4th, masks or face coverings will be mandatory in shared indoor spaces for all staff, visitors, contractors, and other personnel. This new policy serves to complement our existing health and safety protocols, such as physical distancing and hand hygiene.

Masks will be required:

  *   In common areas, shared spaces, and anywhere individuals can congregate
  *   In shared offices, even if occupants can maintain a 2-metre distance
  *   Other examples include: hallways, corridors, multi-stall washrooms, photocopier areas, offices/labs with multiple workstations/cubicles

Masks will not be required:

  *   Outdoors, while maintaining 2 metres distance
     *   Masks will be required outside if unable to observe appropriate physical distance
  *   In individual offices
  *   In the lunch room, with exceptions
     *   Appropriate hygiene and physical distancing must be observed, and lunch breaks should be scheduled to avoid overcrowding
     *   Masks may be removed for short periods of time at one’s desk in order to eat/drink. Please resume wearing your mask once you have finished, and observe proper distance and hygiene during your break
Thank you,

Allayne McGowan
Administrative Assistant – Physical Sciences Division
Assistant to Dr. Jens Dilling – Associate Laboratory Director
t   604-222-7438
amcgowan at triumf.ca<mailto:amcgowan at triumf.ca>
sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada’s particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.triumf.ca%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cstelzer-chilton%40triumf.ca%7Cfb2f38ba05ce4643c21708d83a40b6b9%7Cc20535109cb34679a2d38f442e03b587%7C1%7C0%7C637323396900485718&sdata=cbeikwv2F5ElmwtI9v7KZtj46bwnci0M9McdBbXI9wA%3D&reserved=0> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3