[Particle-physics-affiliated] Fw: Site Occupancy Update

Mark Hartz mhartz at triumf.ca
Wed Aug 19 18:23:27 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

If you did not receive it already, please find below the announcement of the new site occupancy guidelines.  Concerning the impact on the particle physics department, there are a few points to clarify concerning the application of the guidelines to our department:

  1.  The occupancy limits for rooms can be found at: https://triumfoffice365-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/dillmann_triumf_ca/EgAxDLKvws9ChDfv0--HcEQBQbvwYTZaflBBX8O6-vEiow?e=XRlsDc. The limits should also be posted at rooms. Please follow the posted occupancy limits.
  2.  We can have up to 5 people in the cubicle area of MOB 201.  The groups sharing this room have agreed to a seating arrangement and usage plan for the room.  This plan includes the use of attached single occupancy rooms MOB 201 A/B/C/D and MOB 299.  If anyone needs to use those rooms outside of the arranged usage plan, please contact me.  Supervisors of the research groups using MOB 201 will make sure that their groups follow the usage plan.  Mask usage is required in the cubicle area of MOB 201 at all times when there is more than one person in the area.  Disinfectant and wipes will be placed in MOB 201.  Please use these to clean the MOB 201 A/B/C/D desks after use.
  3.  The occupancy limit for two-desk offices in MOB is one person.  Please coordinate use of the office with your office mate.
  4.  People working in group-specific lab spaces should schedule the work with the responsible person/supervisor for the lab space.
  5.  People working in shared laboratory facilities in the Meson Hall, MEHSA, etc., should continue to schedule the work through supervisors as it has been done in the past.  For now, we will use the same spreadsheet to track this work.

Please also keep in mind the guideline to work from home when possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and I will try to answer or raise it at the department heads+deputy meeting.

Best Regards,
Mark