[Particle-physics-affiliated] [Particle-physics-baes] PPD Meeting, Thursday, August 27, 12:30 - Input for Division Goals

Mark Hartz mhartz at triumf.ca
Mon Aug 31 08:08:55 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to clarify the request for PPD goals and objectives as best I can based on discussion at the DH+DP meeting.  What I heard is:

  *   The time pressure for these inputs appears to have been relaxed.  It is expected that PSD will prepare the goals and objectives over the next few weeks based on our inputs.  I would encourage everyone to submit a first draft as soon as possible so we can get feedback from Jens.  I expect that we will have a chance to discuss the near-final list at the next regularly scheduled department meeting.
  *   It is expected that these goals and objectives are used for the coaching aspect of the new PPR system.  Jens expects that they aren't used as a list of required accomplishments that should be checked off, but rather as starting points for discussion of progress during the coaching.
  *   We should try to make objectives that in some way have measurable results, ie one can clearly define when an objective has been met.

Please send the goals and objectives to me or add them directly to the spreadsheet at: [https://outlook-2.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/xlsx_16x16.png] Goals_Objectives_2020.xlsx<https://triumfoffice365-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/reinerk_triumf_ca/Ee9oXPUg7cFFmQg_Own2gVEBGBwrtdSCiDd4X_MZsZsQcQ?e=0WUDkg&CID=26340058-169D-421D-8109-EBD82978DD98&wdLOR=c420C73CB-5890-47A2-A65B-C219AA90AA38>.  I would like to suggest that PPD goals and objectives be sent or entered by Friday morning (10 AM) of this week.

Best Regards,
Mark