TRIUMF Postdoc Lecture Series Signup!

SGSPD Committee sgspd at triumf.ca
Fri Jul 10 10:36:38 PDT 2015

Greetings all!

In February, the SGSPD announced an initiative to provide postdocs with
an opportunity to create and give mini-courses about topics on which
they were an expert. This was dubbed the *TRIUMF Postdoc Lecture Series
(PLS)*.

We are pleased to announce that the first PLS lectures will begin the
week of July 27. The topics to be covered are:

_*Nuclear Physics*_ (Jenna Smith)
*July 27-August 14*
Mondays* and Tuesdays, 1:30-2:30 PM*
MOB Auditorium*
(*Note: August 3 lecture moved to Wed. August 5 at 11:00 AM*)

_*Quantum Field Theory*_ (Alejandro de la Puente)
*July 27-August 14*
Wednesdays* and Fridays, 1:30-3:00 PM*
MOB Theory Room*

*If you plan to attend, please register by clicking the link below.*
****** _*Sign up! *_ <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SBVK7B9>*******

*Signup information will be used to contact you to inform you of changes
to the schedule and to supply you with any supplementary materials
provided for the lectures. In addition, please find attached the
outlines for the QFT and Nuclear Physics mini-courses.

Following this, the tentative schedule for the upcoming lecture series
will be:

*August 17-September 25*: _*Shell Model*_ (Ragnar Stroberg)
*September 21-October 30*: _*Detector Physics*_ (Dan Lascar)
*November 2 - December 11*:**_*Neutrino Experiment*_ (Mark Scott)
*January 11 - February 19 (2016)*: _*Particle Cosmology*_**(Jonathan
Kozaczuk)

Thanks, and we hope to see you at the lectures!
~The Society for Graduate Students and Postdocs of TRIUMF