SGSPD BBQ 1/July

SGSPD Committee sgspd at triumf.ca
Mon Jun 22 11:48:36 PDT 2015

Dear grad students and postdocs,

You are invited to the SGSPD summer social event:

A potluck-style BBQ at Jericho Beach on July 1st (Canada Day) starting
at 4 pm.

We reserved the picnic site in Jericho park
(http://vanmapp1.vancouver.ca/gmaps/covmap.htm?map=designated_picnic_locations&zoom=15&id=pn03).
It is a nice spot near the pond under the trees close to the beach.
There are a few tables- however it would be also good if you can bring
some picnic blankets. The location is perfect for swimming, playing
Frisbee, soccer…..and watching the Canada Day fireworks at English Bay.

It is easily accessible by public transit (bus lines 4,7, 44 and 84, see
the location map in the attachment) and there is paid parking nearby
(also indicated in the attached map)

We will provide burgers and drinks . Please bring your favorite
desserts, salads or whatever you like to the BBQ.

Note- we don´t get any financial support for this event. To cover the
reservation of the picnic site, burgers, and other incidentals, we need
to sell tickets.The ticket prices are 5 CAD for grad students, 10 CAD
for postdocs, 10 CAD for your spouse. You can bring your kids for
free.Tickets are available at the Weekly Wednesday Coffee. You can also
contact Julia Even (you find me somewhere around TITAN in the ISAC II
office building) or Jonathan Kozaczuk (his office is at the theory
floor) to buy tickets. Or just send an e-mail to sgspd at triumf.ca.

We hope to see you on Canada Day!

Julia for the SGSPD