MIT job postin

SGSPD sgspd at triumf.ca
Thu Nov 5 11:24:17 PST 2015

Hi all,
Here's a heads up on a faculty opening at MIT

Your GAPS committee

Dear Colleague,

We in the Center for Theoretical Physics at MIT are conducting a junior
faculty (tenure track) search this year in high-energy, nuclear, and/or
quantum physics.
We are interested in candidates doing relevant research at any energy
scale, including work in areas that overlap with other branches of physics
or with disciplines beyond physics, such as the intersection of gravity,
condensed matter physics, and quantum information, or the intersection of
physics and mathematics.

I am writing to you to inform you of our search, and to ask you for your
assistance in identifying promising candidates.  If you know of a promising
young theorist whom you think we should consider, we would appreciate it
greatly if you could spend a few minutes to inform them of our search and
encourage them to apply. Please also let me know directly of candidates
whom you think are highly qualified.

We are particularly interested in making sure that highly qualified women
and underrepresented minority candidates are aware of our search and
apply.  If you are aware of candidates in these categories, we would
appreciate it if you could make an extra effort to inform these candidates
of the position and to let us know who they are.  We are also interested in
learning of young minority and/or women physicists whom you think might
emerge as potential candidates in the near future.

Further information about the position and application procedures
is available at

https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/6107

Please note that the deadline is November 20.

Thanks very much for your time and for any assistance you may be able to
provide.

Best regards,

Hong Liu
Professor of Physics
617-253-4853

--
GAPS Website:  http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs
<http://www.triumf.ca/society-grad-students-postdocs>

If you are no longer affiliated with TRIUMF, please go to
www.lists.triumf.ca and remove your self from either the grads or postdocs