Vacation allowance meeting next Wed.

gaps at triumf.ca gaps at triumf.ca
Fri Oct 28 13:29:43 PDT 2016

Dear TRIUMF postdocs,

Your GAPS committee has initiated a dialogue with TRIUMF administration
regarding the postdoc vacation allowances and practices.
However, the committee is composed of volunteers, not elected members,
therefore the postdoc community has to agree on its goals, etc.

We invite you to participate in this important discussion in a general
internal meeting of the postdoc community, which will take place next
Wednesday, Nov. 2nd, at 4pm in the MOB auditorium.

We will first present and discuss the results of the ongoing survey you
were invited to participate in. It's main goal originated from the
managements' prerequisite that we provide quantitative measures to the
deficiencies in the current arrangement. Therefore we encourage everyone
who has not fill out the following short questionnaire to do so BEFORE IT
CLOSES AT 23:45 TONIGHT:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H875MYZ

(All responses are anonymous and any respondent information is excluded
from the survey results.)

After we discuss any issues raised in the survey we would like to discuss
our goals and course of action, specifically our proposal to request a
min. of 15 vacation days to all postdocs.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Your GAPS committee.