Reminder: Co-op Lecture Series - Deadline Friday!

gaps at triumf.ca gaps at triumf.ca
Tue Aug 29 00:31:01 PDT 2017

Hi all,

We are seeking postdocs or advanced graduate students who would like to
give an introductory undergraduate lecture series during the upcoming
sessions of co-op lectures. Some proposed general topics are:

       * Nuclear Physics
       * Particle Physics
       * Experimental Physics
       * Theoretical Physics
       * Detector Physics
       * Material Science
       * Nuclear Medicine

Each survey course would consist of 4-6 lectures total: 2 lectures/week
for 2-3 weeks. Lecturers will receive a signed letter from the chair of
TRAC (TRIUMF Academic Committee) acknowledging completion of teaching
the course and summarizing the course's feedback forms for reference in
CVs. This lecture series could also serve as a nice complement to a
Postdoc Lecture Series course as a chance to really develop your
introductory material!

If you're interested in giving an introductory undergraduate lecture
series, please fill out the following form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXEbaTj6ufxfstJgTeXzp3css90p_gtbA3ZvU6bDxmeCkg-Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

The list of lecturers will be compiled by the end of the month. Once we
have received your form submission we will be in touch with further
details on this teaching opportunity.

Sincerely,
Your GAPS committee

--