Symmetry magazine is seeking input for an article

Lisa Lambert lisa at triumf.ca
Wed Dec 19 12:48:52 PST 2018

Ahoy TRIUMF postdocs!

Do you have a PhD in particle physics, astrophysics, or accelerator science? Or are you working on one (because one PhD isn't enough!)?

Symmetry magazine wants your input for an article.

Symmetry is asking people who have or who are working on earning a PhD in particle physics, astrophysics, or accelerator science to fill out a survey about what it's really like and what kinds of skills it gets you. More info here: https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/seeking-input-for-an-article<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.symmetrymagazine.org_article_seeking-2Dinput-2Dfor-2Dan-2Darticle&d=DwMGaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=OxQdtaXex9b0GD6vCEkRZ7uPLNT2N_MqmcjGoSQIM7Y&m=mvtfvjuIP1yQP1bb5YtZhMoNEcvp-Q7AZ7gCX5X0U9I&s=czwFH4t8vgfVyh-aF0IOSSUHbMs3AJMU6vJhtBL_3x0&e=>

And here's a link straight to the survey: https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eakTZWb5YiYZOkd<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com_jfe_form_SV-5FeakTZWb5YiYZOkd&d=DwMGaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=OxQdtaXex9b0GD6vCEkRZ7uPLNT2N_MqmcjGoSQIM7Y&m=mvtfvjuIP1yQP1bb5YtZhMoNEcvp-Q7AZ7gCX5X0U9I&s=XlFNbn6K5YGXjhkMWxwDkKfxn6tBszOPmsIK64_zW78&e=>. It's expected to be open for about a month.

If you have a few minutes to share your opinion, Symmetry editors would appreciate it. And feel free to share this call for input with your colleagues.

On behalf of our friends at Symmetry, thank you!