Cookies today & **Pi(π) day** next Wednesday!

GAPS GAPS at triumf.ca
Wed Mar 7 13:46:18 PST 2018

Dear GAPS,

Coffee + cookies will be served in the ISAC-II lunch room as usual today
at 4.30pm. Please come, enjoy the cookies, and stay to chat with your
fellow PhD students and post-docs! Maybe you will make a new friend, solve
a problem you’ve been having with your work, or help solve someone else's!
We are all so friendly and should make the most of this hour with each
other.

AND next Wednesday is Pi day - March 14th (3.14 if you’re from this side
of the pond) - as a celebration we are starting coffee time at 4PM for
maximum pi(e) time, and instead of cookies we will have PI(E)! If anyone
should wish to make a pi(e) to share with everyone (kind of like a pi(e)
potluck!) that would be greatly appreciated and you would most likely
become everyone’s favourite colleague. The more pi(e)s the merrier!

————
This week’s quote:
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…”
  —  Isaac Asimov

Take care all and have a lovely week.

- Your GAPS