Become a tour guide!
gaps at triumf.ca
Fri May 18 11:39:51 PDT 2018
Dear Students(, PhDs ;) ) and Postdocs!
We would like to remind you of the unique opportunity to become TRIUMF tour guides.
As you may know, part of TRIUMF's mandate is to be open to the public through free guided tours of the lab. These tours also serve TRIUMF's outreach program and the promotion of science (or STEM) to the general public.
All graduate students and postdocs at TRIUMF can become tour guides. Currently, this can be done either voluntarily or for payment on a per-tour basis (For some, their contract may prohibit them from receiving such payment, but the majority of students can get paid for tours).
Fortunately, the demand for tours is high, however, there is a grave shortage in tour guides, which forced cutting back the tours and considering further changes.
You may consider becoming a tour-guide if you wish to:
* get to know the lab better
* widen your scientific knowledge and proficiency
* improve your confidence and public-speaking skills
* give back to the community
* meet interesting people
* be more involved and stand out
* get recognized for your contribution
* get a break from the usual stuff you do
* be reminded of the impact and importance of what we do
and especially now... since this is TRIUMF's 50th anniversary, which would bring many opportunities to contribute.
For inquiries about becoming a guide, or if you are already a tour guide and would like to help, please use this link<mailto:jabney at triumf.ca?subject=TRIUMF%20Ambassadors>, or send an email to: jabney at triumf.ca<mailto:jabney at triumf.ca> with the subject: TRIUMF Ambassadors. What does it mean to be a TRIUMF Ambassador (and also the corresponding safety regulations) you can find here:
* (Next Monday is Victoria Day ;) )
* Next Wednesday: GAPS Pub Night (May 23rd)
* Next Thursday: "Listening to data: Sonification, art, and science" (May 24th, Auditorium 12:30pm)
* More distant upcoming: MITACS info session (July 4th) - save the dates!
Enjoy the long weekend ;)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the postdocs